this Saturday, 3 – 5 pm, at
Scott & Susan’s (Lake Claire home, Atlanta).
Weather forecast is for moderate temperatures, and there is a ceiling fan…
Some soft drinks and snacks provided, but BYO is also welcome, especially if you can easily bring something to share.
If you’re on the fence, and decide late you can attend, here is the location. (Click the word “location” for the linked document with the address.)
Looking for some great entertainment in the upcoming weeks and months?
- Monday, August 17: Benefit pub quiz at Rí Rá to support the camogie/hurling team, 8 pm. (More info at http://www.atlantagaa.com/camogie/)
- Saturday, August 22: Membership meeting, Irish Traditions Atlanta. Planned activities/agenda:
Nominations for open board positions will close at the end of this meeting. The meeting agenda for the Irish Traditions Atlanta branch will include regular board business, plus news and plans for IrishFest Atlanta 2015.
Food and beverages available for purchase. Current members are welcome to attend and participate in this meeting.
- Sunday, September 20: Sara Gray and Kieron Means workshop and house concert. Contact Whistlepig Productions for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Thursday, September 17: Sarah McQuaid in concert at the Red Clay Theatre. Workshop and concert, details here: http://www.eddieowenpresents.com/calendar/
- Thursday, September 24 through Sunday, October 11: Arís Theatre presents “Playboy of the Western World”.
Details at this link: http://www.aristheatre.org/
- Friday, October 9: Alan Reid concert (details TBA). (Yes, THAT Alan Reid!)
Students Qualify for the All-Ireland Competition!
Members of Irish Traditions Atlanta participated in the Midwest Fleadh Cheoil held in Cincinnati, Ohio May 15-17 and brought home 24 awards, with 8 First Place medals across solo and group competitions. The event is one of two traditional Irish Music competitions in America where qualifying entrants are eligible to compete in the world competitions held in Ireland, August 2015.
Currently still under construction, but here’s where you’ll want to check back to find out what’s been going on…